Working with the Flood Warning and Informing service as part of an ICT Platform Team the role is expected to provide technical support of all live National Flood Service applications and cloud platforms within an ITIL framework and defined product and platform team operating model, to deliver an outstanding customer focused Agile service.
Your responsibilities include:
- Ensure the health and availability of applications and systems in line with ICT governance.
- Ensure that incidents and service requests are resolved within the agreed service level agreements.
- Follow the Platform Team workplan.
- Work with Senior Engineers to resolve issues and improve live systems.
- Advise and provide guidance for Analysts and Apprentices inside and outside the team.
- Follow proactive tasks and maintenance schedules and implement routine upgrades of services.
- Work with external strategic partners to ensure application issues are resolved within service level agreements.
- Release application and service enhancements in line with ICT governance.
Assist in the coordination of User Acceptance Testing of NRW applications and services.
- Work with the senior engineers to develop and enhance existing applications in line with ICT development methodology.
- Required to take part in incident response activities
Qualifications, experience and knowledge
Knowledge and experience of the following:
- Experience of supporting Office 365/Microsoft Dynamics 365/SharePoint Online/Web Applications/COTS packages
- Experience of working within a Public Cloud Environment.
- Understanding of application support and development with the following technologies: Azure PaaS, HTML 5, CSS, C#, MS SQL and Power Shell.
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Management Framework.
- Working experience of application lifecycle methodologies.
- Experience of Incident, Problem, Change and Release management processes.
Welsh language requirements:
Essential Level 1 – able to pronounce Welsh and use basic phrases
Please note if you do not meet the level 1 requirement i.e., ability to understand basic phrases and ability to pronounce Welsh names correctly, then NRW offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Benefits of working for us
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
- agile and flexible working (role dependent)
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- health and wellbeing benefits and support
- weekly well-being hour to use at your choice
- competitive financial rewards to enhance your monthly pay
See full details for all the employee benefits you will receive.